Wednesday

Today was a great day even though some things may have gone the opposite of great.
I never thought that I would feel satisfaction out of coming home after a long day, jumping on my laptop, and just writing. I literally look forward to posting every other day to the point where I want to post every day. So why don't I? I feel like my content will get boring (if it isn't already) and I'll run out of stuff to say. Two days is enough to write a whole blog post worth of content, but less than 24 hours? I don't know.
I've been thinking a lot about movies lately but I don't get to watch much of them.
If my day didn't consist of going to school, I would probably have the time to do way more than just watch movies. I'd probably be a way better writer by now and getting my first book published this week. My dad said the most wonderful thing to me over the phone yesterday which is a rare occasion. After telling him that I finished Bird by Bird on my way home from school yesterday, he asked if I was ready to start the next book I purchased which is The Curious Case of the Dog in the Night-Time.
Have you read that book yet?
Anyways, I told him I really wanted to start that book but I was just given a new book called The Road in my science fiction class and I want to get that one out of the way first before I started the other book. He told me that it was a good idea and then asked if I had started The Road yet which I should be on page 75 by now. I told him I tried but it wasn't really grabbing my attention yet.
What he said to me may not seem that great to you, but it put me and him at the same level for at least a few seconds and nothing could've made me feel better at that moment. It was something along the lines of "That's because your mind is still stuck on the other book you just finished", and he was absolutely right.
The moment I closed Bird by Bird, I wanted to turn right back to the first page and read it all over again. But I have other books to read and I know I couldn't. I did vow to reread it when I was ready to write my first novel but I'm not even close to doing that yet. My most recent project for science fiction class is to write a short story imitating Cormac McCarthy's writing style in The Road which is absolutely annoying. I'm sure it's a great book, but the lack of punctuation kills me.
How do I know how to read it? There is literally no quotation marks around the dialogue. How do I know who's speaking!? I mean, I'm gonna read it anyways but I might have to drag myself through it. "It's poetry" says Mr. Neve my science fiction teacher. It does have a poetic sound to it but come on man, no quotation marks? It's just too confusing for me. I do hope I get at least some insight on how I can be a better writer.
I hope life is great for you.
I know I may seem like some anonymous face that you know nothing about but if you read my posts, you'll learn something new about me every other day.
My name is Natalia and I am a writer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

RELOCATING TO WORDPRESS

So as you can see, this page has a new layout as well as domain! Well, it didn't turn out so well.  With my prior experience in...