Wednesday

Things I'd love to share with you & why it doesn't matter if anyone reads my blog

There are some things that I'd love to share with you and I hope you enjoy them the same way I do.
Okay:
The first thing is The Perks of Being a Wallflower. This movie is really great and if you haven't seen it, you definitely need to. This is like the #1 ceiling breaker movie. Aside from the fact that there are sad parts, it's all a lesson that life gets better. Being someone who used to suffer from depression, I've been put into positions that made me feel a deep connection to this movie and I'm sure it does for a lot of you too. The words the main character speaks, sinks into your mind as if he were speaking to you directly and that's what makes it a good movie. I know they say "the book is always better" but personally I really think the movie is better. Especially since the director did such a good job making the book come to life. 
The next thing, or I should just say movie since there's one more after this, is Stuck in Love. If you are an aspiring writer such as myself, you will fall in love with this movie. It's based on 3 different writers lives who are all part of the same family but go through different situations. It's full of love, passion, emotion, and definitely inspiration.
Finally, the last movie is It's Kind of a Funny Story. This is the first ceiling breaker movie I ever saw and I instantly fell in love with it. During the time I first saw it, depression had just entered my life a couple months prior and was bringing me down fast. This movie was extremely comforting especially because it's about a boy who checked himself into a hospital for depression. The best part of this movie is really the end where he lists simple tasks that can lift you up in a heartbeat. A couple years after, I read the book and this time I can tell you, the book is better.
My heart was crushed when I found out that the beautiful author of this book, Ned Vizzini, committed suicide on December 19, 2013. I honestly couldn't stop crying the night I found out. The man that convinced me that life was worth it, took away his own; how could I not be devastated? That night, I did question my own life again. I'm sorry you didn't see the potential of life that you showed me, but it is worth it. I love you Ned and you'll always be a huge part of my life and have a place in my heart, rest in peace.
Moving on to a song by Jhene Aiko called You vs Them. The reason I'm sharing this song with you is not only because it's a great song, but because I made an observation yesterday and had to write it down in my "little jumbo book" I keep all my mental notes in which has also helped me blog these past few days. So here's what I wrote:
She spent days or I don't even know how long, working on this piece that was being spoken from her heart. This song is a story and a conflict that consumed her mind and meant everything to her at the time she wrote it. And there I was, sitting in class using it just to block out the sounds of ignorance, not paying any mind to the words that came out the mouth of someone who felt so much while writing it.
And that's how I felt. I didn't feel ashamed or anything for not paying attention to lyrics that have pierced my ears for years, but I did understand the importance of listening to music.

Now onto why it doesn't matter if anyone reads my blog. Building a following for a blog takes a lot of work especially if your only writing a personal blog and not trying to reach a certain audience.
It doesn't matter what type of person you are, what you like, your interests, etc. Of course if you are a follower and share with me what you would like to hear, I would definitely take it into consideration and try and build a connection with you. But I'm not here to reach out to massive amounts of people so I can make money or sell you something. I just came to write. I love writing and I would love to share my pieces on here. This is a place for me express myself on a page that is especially mine but very open to anyone else. 

I love you guys whether your reading this or not

No comments:

Post a Comment

RELOCATING TO WORDPRESS

So as you can see, this page has a new layout as well as domain! Well, it didn't turn out so well.  With my prior experience in...