Friday

Lord of the Flies & Class with the Devil

Today I've finished reading Lord of the Flies.
I talked down on it at first saying it had a slow beginning, but it was completely worth it. While only having 3 more chapters left to read, I honestly thought I was going to finish the book thinking of it as "Okay". It wasn't until I finished reading the last line that I realized it was one of the best books I've ever read. The way William Golding made the characters come to life, the hairs on my arms stood up the night of the gruesome storm. His imagery was so clean and smooth that you read it with ease. The symbols throughout the story were so beautifully placed and were perfect representations of their meanings.
Please read this book if you haven't yet already.
The symbolism is so beautiful, way more beautiful than in The Catcher in the Rye in my opinion.
But then again I'm going to reread The Catcher in the Rye after I read The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time so then I'll decide if it really is more beautiful.
I finally figured out what I'm going to write about for my Sci-Fi Final Project/Exam: Class with the Devil
That's the title of it.
It's going to be about my last period class which is U.S government or something like that. I consider my teacher Ms. Clarke the devil because she acts like everything I would despise in someone. She has ignorant point of views, embarrasses the students in front of the entire class, is really close minded, and just sucks.
"Sucks to your ass-mar".
Man that book was great. I don't even wanna start thinking about starting my next book. I have to write my final though. That's for tomorrow.
I started watching "Adaptation" but I got tired due to my weekday sleep schedule.
It seems pretty cool so I'll probably try and watch it again later in the week.

Stay Warm.

                                                                                                                     -Natalia

No comments:

Post a Comment

RELOCATING TO WORDPRESS

So as you can see, this page has a new layout as well as domain! Well, it didn't turn out so well.  With my prior experience in...